Chocolate. The quintessential feel-good treat that makes any experience that much better. Chocolate has been loved by humans for thousands of years and these days there’s a chocolate bar in any flavor and for any occasion. It’s our favorite indulgence, our ultimate guilty pleasure. But what if it didn’t have to be? Replacing chocolate with raw cacao is the best way to indulge in a treat while getting a wide spectrum of nutrients. Compared to processed chocolate, raw cacao still has an incredible level of antioxidants in it. Antioxidants are important in fighting free radicals in the body and helps to lower blood pressure and plaque in the arteries. Raw cacao is also the highest source of magnesium, which is usually the most lacking of nutrients in people. Magnesium helps with digestion, relaxes muscles and calms cardiac muscles. Even more, you’ll find vit A, B, C, D, E, calcium and phytonutrients in raw cacao. This is an amazing bean that can play a key role in optimal health while tasting really good too! We’ve got an awesome vegan & raw fudge truffle recipe for you so you can start incorporating healthy & delicious chocolate into your diet…..
Raw & Vegan Chocolate Fudge Truffles!
- 2 organic avocados
- 8 organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
Makes: 26 small truffles.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is soft and smooth. If it is too thick, you can always add a little more almond milk.
- Pour the mixture into an air tight container and put into the freezer for 1-2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to hold a shape.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and scoop a tablespoon or 2 onto a baking tray. Roll all of the scoops into round balls.
- Take each truffle and dip them into a bowl of raw cacao powder to fully dust them.
- Put back into freezer for 3o mins to an hour and allow the truffles to firm up again.
- Keep these stored in the freezer as they can get too soft if left out at room temperature.
*These guys are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, & have no refined sugar!