Summer is finally here! & the heat won’t let us forget it. Long and hot days make getting anything done that much more laborious and some days it’s unthinkable that you would want to use the oven or stand over your stove for an hour. Enter easy and quick zucchini soup! Zucchinis are hydrating, have lots of vitamin A and magnesium, and also give omega-3 fatty acids. They’re all over the farmers’ markets right now so it’s time to make them the star of any dish. This soup also has mint, scallion, and lemon, which makes it incredibly refreshing and rejuvenating. With ingredients this simple, it’s a no-brainer to get this soup on your weekly summer dinner plan. You’ll thank yourself the next time you come back hungry to a hot house and want to eat ASAP. Enjoy!
- 1 large zucchini, grated or finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- If you have a high-speed blender: Combine all ingredients plus 3 cups cold water until smooth.
- If you have a regular blender: Bring a pot of water to boil. Carefully measure out 3 cups and add to blender. Add lid and let mixture sit about 15 minutes so hot water cooks vegetables. When cooked, vent blender to release any steam, cover blender, and blend until very smooth, adding cold water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Chill for 1 hour.
*Recipe from https://greatist.com/eat/recipes/chilled-zucchini-soup